Friday, October 17, 2014

Intro

Hello to all!

I decided to start this blog after talking with a big friend of mine who is working abroad and he gave the idea to start blogging, such as my girlfriend thought it was a good a idea.
First I would like to explain my poker story but I don't want to write a big testament, so I'll try to be short ;) I'm portuguese and started playing poker online in 2004-2005, as many I first played play money and then went to play freerools till I reached 60$. With this money I grinded SNG's and when

I reach 200$ made the change to cash games. I grinded till I was playing nl25, wich I played during college just for fun and to have an extra money. In 2010 when I finished my college degree in Sports Sciences I decided to stop playing poker and focus more on my career, as I was already doing an internship in the portuguese High Performance Center and where I work till today. In the meanwhile I started working in another gym as an Instructor, Personal trainer and Group Class Instructor where I also work today. Also started doing some Freelance Personal Training.
Everything was going well in my life until in 2013 I needed to do a Hip Surgery due to a bone conflict and overuse related with my work and my sport (was a thai and MMA fighter) and this lead to a 12 month recovery with 3 of them staying at home without working. At this time without nothing to do at home I install Pokerstars and started to play again (had some $ there) nl10. I was shocked with the skill level compared with 2008... Where I was a winning player and in 2013 I was losing money. I changed my plan and went lower to nl5 and begin studying the game again with some videos and reading 2+2. Studying the game helped a lot and I start to move up stakes and now I'm playing nl25 since last month.

My goal is to play the max volume I can when I'm not working and improve my game to be able to move up since I'm going to be a father this month of a baby girl named Ísis and I want to give my familly a better life that I can offer at the moment.

Here I'll post my evolution and some other random stuff I like ;) Hope you enjoy

Best regards,

Mário

No comments:

Post a Comment